Tuesday 15 February 2011

A table from the sea's edge

On Tueday 8th February 2011 I attended a volunteering training day at the World Museum, Liverpool. During the half term I will be assisting on the invigilation of an installation titled ‘A table from the sea’s edge’ by Silas Birtwistle. The installation was in the Liverpool Echo and the Liverpool Daily Post last week;
Liverpool Daily Post, Wednesday 9th February 2011
Liverpool Echo (Main Extra), Thursday 10th February 2011
Artist Silas Birtwistle with his conference table made from driftwood which is on
display at the World Museum, pictured together with staff and volunteers
A table from the sea's edge
 I will be doing 3 shifts at the Museum on the 2nd floor, all 4 hours long, where I will be informing visitors about the art work whilst keeping an eye on it. Im looking forward to telling children the story of Silas's work via a pirate story (that be Captain Silas to you me hearty!! Arrrrrrrrr!!!) Roll on tomorrow morning for my 1st shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment