Tuesday 22 February 2011

1st perspex idea ...

Last week I was working in my 'brick sketch book' when I thought about creating a two dimensional piece made up of broken bricks in a geometric shape, whilst trapped between two pieces of perspex. 
  

I began this morning by going to my local DIY shop to buy 2 pieces of square perspex and an oblong offcut piece of perspex for experimenting with adhesives. 

I concluded from my adhesive experiments that the silicone was the best result for attaching the bricks to the perspex. (Granted I got more silicone on me than I did on the bricks!! Hence the gloves that I began to start using!!)

To get the perfect circle for my piece I cheated (well why not!) I kept the plastic sheeting on one side of the perspex so I could draw on it (to be removed when completed of course). I drew around the base of a round bin, an empty paint can and a sellotape roll to get the three different sized circles. I began with the outer ring first to see if I wanted the other two circles ... turns out I did, so I contined with the piece.




 

When I return to this piece (on Thursday 24th Feb 2011) I will look into ways of attaching the piece of perspex which will sit on top of this one. I may use coach bolts, but I havn't decided just yet ...

Also today I began to create a cube from the broken bricks .... it didn't go too well, but I'll work on it through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment