Tuesday 5 October 2010

Out & About


One afternoon Andy & I were out walking at our local quarry, Pex Hill, and I noticed the marks in the mud we were making with the tred from our boots. I was intrigued by the concept of walking along a natural trail with the man made element of the footprint trail on top of that. (A trail on top of a trail, perhaps?) I took various images of these, followed by looking for other man made marks on the ground i.e. tractor marks.

Whilst I was photographing the tracks I got really excited because I love TEXTURES!!! They’re everywhere and all so different! I am very interested in producing some site specific work as it would be working on top of the natural base. Although, I am looking to take my work into print making as I think the marks would be very interesting and a great way to reproduce imagery, in a similar way that man made is industrially reproduced.

Also while I was out, I photographed some other prints/tracks … Animal, Bike & other people’s foot prints, I doubt I’ll use the animal prints, but it’s an idea to bear in mind.

I would like to bring the outdoors into the studio, by reproducing the textures from outside. My ideas are reflected from Richard Long, Andy Goldsworthy & Tony Cragg who’s ideas are based on nature & natural forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment