Monday 4 October 2010

Intro to 3rd year work

Last year my work focused on some of my interests such as; life drawing, football and motorbikes. I looked at how I could collaborate them by playing with the theme ‘identity’. In some of my site specific pieces the ideas were;
  • A footballer wearing a motorbike helmet whist playing football.
  • A life model wearing a motorbike helmet whilst posing for a life class.
My other ideas included collaborating my interest of football with motorbikes by watching footage and recording different key points such as;
In Football;
  • Where the ball goes out of play and by which team
  • Where the ball goes in the net when scored
  • The route the ball takes whilst in play
In Motor sport;
  •  Where riders are overtaken and by who
  •  Where riders fall off their motorbikes
I collected this information on acetate and then projected my findings onto football shirts as a innovative way of presenting my work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year I have decided to continue along a similar path with my interests being the key point in my work. I intend to investigate and combine man made factors and organic factors that play a vital role in our everyday lives. I am very intrigued by how nature is formed and would love to experiment with industrial objects in those surrounds.

I intend to take industrial items such as motorbike helmets, boots, tyres, mechanical parts etc … and place them in a nature surrounding, something of which is so unnatural to the mechanical element. I intend to gain attention from any passers by in the spaces where I work and build up a sense of curiosity and awareness.

This year most of my work will be print making based, photography and site specific work.

No comments:

Post a Comment