Wednesday 6 October 2010

Footprint Making


After being intrigued by the marks my hiking boots made in the mud, I was interested to see what marks would be created with my motorbike boots in the mud. Therefore bringing in the man made / nature element into my work. I think my findings were interesting, especially the one where there were some leaves in the mud where I made the print.

After experimenting using the natural materials available to me outside I thought I would like to experiment using black paint instead to represent engine oil. So I went back to the quarry/fields and experimented with the paint on the natural surface, including:

  • Gravel Paths
  • Grass
  • Tree Trunks
  • Trees
  • Railings
  • Wooden Fences
  • Leaves
  • Sand
  • Sandstone






  
My next ideas include;

1. Creating a lino print of the tred of the motorbike boot (as the lines appear quite tribal) and incorporating them into current imagery and nature photographs.

2. Bring the outdoors into the studio

No comments:

Post a Comment