Friday 8 October 2010

Accidentally on purpose?


A few days ago I created 2 lino prints based on my motorbike boot tred. I’ve just been down to the print rooms in university to experiment printing them on different surfaces. (Image 1) has a double effect because I didn’t place it on the printing bed far enough, but it makes it stand out from the page slightly, sort of an almost 3D effect. (Image 2) shows the print on the leaf; (Image 3) shows the marks left by the leaf on the lino. (Image 4) shows 2 of the leaves I have printed on, I now intend on creating a few more of these and connecting them together (once they have dried of course!!).

Although, I spoke with my print making tutor Neil, and he thought they could be interesting if they were placed randomly through the studios. He said ‘they are very interesting as they are, I think if they were flat it would ruin the natural effect they have.’

Image 1
Image 2

Image 3

Image 4
 
My final piece (Image 5) was an accident; it was the piece of paper used to stop any paint going on the print making blankets. When I was printing on one of the leaves, some of the paint went past the leaf and printed on the paper. However, I was going to print with my lino but put leaves in the way to get the silhouette of the leaf. I’m going to attempt some more controlled prints this afternoon.
Image 5

No comments:

Post a Comment