Saturday 9 April 2011

Response from 'Balloon No. 1 (Green)'

I was just checking my e-mails for my balloon launches & I have a reply!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! When I released the balloons it was very exciting ... would I ever get a response? I didnt know.

Well! Just as I was about to doze off for the night I checked my e-mails & I saw an e-mail from a lady called Lynn from Mission (just outside Doncaster). Her e-mail read;
'Hi Paula, at 5.45 on the 31.3 11, I found a green balloon in my garden at Misson nr Doncaster, hope its traveled a long way, Lynn.'

The balloon was only up for just over 2 hours, I am guessing that the balloon travelled along the M62 (using the winds from the traffic), but this is just a theory. 
The Dream to Mission, near Doncaster (potential route)
I am so pleased to receive a response from one of the launches, this has been an excellent turning point in my 'Curiosity' work. I'm annoyed that the e-mail from Lynn came through on the 31st March '11 but only shown up tonight in my inbox. I still hope to hear from the other 3 balloon launches, but I personally think it is unlikely as it has been over a week now.

2 comments:

  1. This sound really interesting Paula. Did you get any more replies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately not, the e-mail address which was on the label is still active, but still no replies. I was honestly hoping to get one as far as France or Norway! Nevermind ... that's curiosity for you =P

    ReplyDelete