Thursday 7 April 2011

Experimenting with formations

While I was in my studio yesterday I was experimenting with different potential formations for my well for my final piece for my assessment. I have considered the following formations;
  • A full circular well
  • A half well
  • A corner (quarter) well
I have also been considering the positions of the bricks, i.e;
  • End to end
  • Fan shape (side by side)
  • Criss cross
Here are a few examples of my experiments;









To accompany the well there will be a plinth opposite with a tv on top. Inside the well there will be a cctv camera hidden, the tv will be showing the view from inside the well from the camera. My piece will either be titled 'The Curiosity Well' or 'Well'. I am intrigued by observing other peoples curiosity when approaching unusual objects and the unknown & recording their reactions.

I personally feel that this piece is symbolic of my other Curiosity experiments I have worked on over the last 4 months. I have a few more contemporary ideas featuring circular movements which will be recorded soon by the use of drawings.

This evening I have cut a piece of MDF to the size of the well's base, tomorrow I will be painting it white as to make my well stand out at the assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment