Tuesday 1 February 2011

1 hour project

Last Tuesday (25th January 2011) I took a visit to Formby Point with the intention of doing a mini 1 hour project. I was armed with only my wellies, a waterproof coat and my camera. The brief I had set myself was; 
'I am going to visit a forest, where I will strictly spend 1 hour photographing anything which captures my eye i.e. objects, textures, nature etc… Within this hour I will also construct sculptures within the forest using anything I find. Once the hour is up I will stop and reflect upon my findings.'

I began the morning by taking various photographs of;
  • Natural trails/paths through the forest
  • Textures from trees, twigs etc…
  • The destruction of trees, i.e. tree stumps









As I got deeper into the forest, away from the paths I began noticing trees which had been cut down and abandoned which seemed to show a trail weaving across the ground.


I began creating my own trails through the forest by shuffling my feet to gather up the loose debris on the floor. 





This gave me inspiration for my own versions on tree trunk trails through the forest. With time running out my quick ideas included a tree trunk see saw, a tree trunk arrow pointing to a path & an extended version of an arrow with a trail through the forest.
 





I finally made a video showing the length of the trail/arrow … don’t forget I was alone with only my own strength to pull these logs to this location. It wasn’t easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment