Thursday 14 October 2010

Artistic response to a window display

I was asked by my boss at the Brindley Arts Centre to create the window display for the upcoming exhibition. We usually have vinyl letters on the window for the exhibition, however, for this exhibition I was asked to be creative with the window lettering. The title of the exhibition is ‘The Drawing Show’.

Over the summer I made a lot of wool pom poms for making scarves, and more recently have been using wool in my university work. This inspired me for my idea for the Brindley window.

I began the day by cutting out the letters from cardboard and going outside to see if it was visible enough from outside. When I had cut out the entire title ‘The Drawing Show’ I began to wrap the letters in different coloured wool. When covered I placed on double sided tape & secured to the window, I finished off my idea by creating a web of wool behind the lettering whereby I also attached the wool to the letters on the window. 






No comments:

Post a Comment